Thursday, February 12, 2009

My thoughtful hubby

When Ampy and I first started dating he would call me whenever there was bad weather (raining, snowing, anything) and tell me to be very careful on the roads or would tell me that there's no reason for me to get out because the weather is bad. The first few times he told me this I would just laugh at him and give him some smart remark like, "I've been driving for over 10 years, I think I can handle the weather." My laughing and comments never stopped him from giving me these little warnings. So now I just smile and say, "I'll be careful and I love you too."

Yesterday we had some really strong winds (windows rattling and loud winds). As I was sitting at my computer Ampy called and said just this, "You have some very strong winds coming your way. Stay away from the windows. Gotta go, love you bye." So during his brief phone call, I just listened, smiled and said I love you too!

5 comments:

Ammon and Brooke said...

I love this post! You and Ampy are so great for each other! Thanks for sharing. PS- I LOVE all the pictures on your blog. So cute! You're going to have to get all new ones comes summer!

Ammon and Brooke said...

Why the heck were you awake at 4:35????

Unknown said...

so sweet! jason does the same thing - i thought he was the only one but he's in good company with ampy!

Liz, Nate, Sydney, Holly said...

So cute. What a thoughtful guy! Those winds were brutal yesterday - we didn't lose power like some, but we did lose shingles off our roof. Ah, the joys of Kentucky weather.

Mike and Tycie said...

Arent husbands great?! I love it when they do the little things for us! His concern he has for you shows just how much he loves you! Hope one day to see you again and meet your cute little family!

love ya