Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Is this week over yet?

WARNING: Not for readers with weak stomachs :)

My week started Monday morning when Zackary woke up and I had just gotten out of the shower. He sounded happy so I quickly got dressed and made a quick phone call. About 15 minutes later I went to get him and was greeted to the smell of puke. I looked in his crib and it was EVERYWHERE and all over him (do I get mother of the year for letting him hang out for an extra 15 minutes-who knows when he actually got sick). I proceeded to put him in the tub and then clean up his crib. I had to use clorox wipes--love these--on his crib because it was all over the rails. As I was starting to wash his bumper pads (1st load) I ran out of laundry detergent. We are down to one car so I called Ampy and begged/told him he had to go to the store and get laundry detergent for me. This of course was after he proceeded to throw up again - on me. I spent the rest of the day washing laundry with puke on it or changing some rather NASTY diapers! By Monday night my little guy who can't sit still for longer than 3 minutes was laying around miserable, telling me his "belly hurts," and running a fever. Tuesday was better in that the puking and dirty diapers were no longer but he still had a fever. We had our second day of laying around watching Wiggles or Marney (Barney), reading books, and occasionally rolling a ball. By the time Ampy got home from work he seemed to be doing better. He had more energy and was being silly and making us laugh. Thought we were on the downhill side and things would get easier. Wednesday began with a very CRANKY child! No fever but the nasty diapers were back and were occuring every half hour. I put him to bed for an early nap after I had changed his diaper. Note...he did not have pants on...can you guess what I found?


Yes, that is his nasty diaper on the floor and do you see the smile! He of course had it on his hands and proceeded to touch the crib rails. Off to the bath tub again and clorox wipes to the crib! I'm scared to know what tomorrow and Friday brings!?!

3 comments:

Ammon and Brooke said...

I HATE weeks like this. I'm so sorry Katrina. I really, really hope tomorrow brings lots happy Zackary and NO nasty diapers!!!! Hang in there.

Liz, Nate, Sydney, Holly said...

You poor soul!!!!! I am so sorry. That is brutal. I really hope for everyone in the household's sake he gets to feeling better soon!

Mike and Tycie said...

Doesnt it just suck that when your kids are sick they are not the only one that has to suffer?! Sounds like you BOTH have been miserable this week! That diaper thing (outta the crib) is so nasty but something you will be able to laugh about later! :)